Table 3d: Cephalosporins
• Fifth-generation cephalosporin with extended Gram-positive activity.
• Only FDA approved cephalosporin with activity against VISA, VRSA and linezolid- and daptomycin-resistant S. aureus .
• Approved for the treatment of acute bacterial SSSIs and community-acquired pneumonia.
• Demonstrates excellent affinity for prominent PBPs that are used by resistant strains [49-50].
• Synergy with carbapenems, azactams and some aminoglycosides.
• Low probability of developing resistance.
• Favorable safety and tolerability profile.